Pages

Background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Homemade Wine Stopper

Last fall I attended a craft show and saw the most adorable wine stoppers.  After looking at them for a few minutes and contemplating whether or not to spend the asking price of $22, I soon realized they were just drawer knobs and wine corks.  How hard could this be to make? Not hard at all...

Since I made my first homemade wine stopper, I find myself constantly visiting the 'Clearance' section at Hobby Lobby and Home Depot looking for dresser drawer knobs. It's super easy to make and also is a perfect gift for bridal showers, weddings or house-warming gifts! Happy craft time!

*HOMEMADE WINE STOPPER*

Materials needed:
  • Decorative drawer knob (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby on sale!)
  • Rubber cork
  • Screw and screwdriver
  • An open bottle of wine

Step 1:
Use a screw and screwdriver to make a pilot hole
in the center of the rubber cork.



Step 2:
Twist the decorative drawer knob into the pilot hole
until it is flush with the cork.



Step 3:
Pour yourself a glass of wine and put your
new stopper in the bottle!
(now you only drink the whole bottle if you want to...
not because you have to!)



No comments:

Post a Comment