Pages

Background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cute Scrapbook Paper Pendants

This past summer my Aunt Cheryl opened a quilt shop in Charleston, South Carolina and asked me to make jewelry for her shop! I know that quilters like neat patterns and unique items they can't find anywhere else. I decided to take scrapbook paper patterns to the next level to appeal to her customers!

First you start out with the following items:

1. A pendant/locket, these can be found at hobby lobby or any of your favorite craft stores or online jewelry shops. My favorite online shop is Fusion Beads they always have specials, free shipping and its easy to just buy a couple of things you need.


2. This special Lisa Pavelka Magic Gloss at a local craft store or online. I found mine at Hobby Lobby, but you can also find it on Amazon and other online stores Lisa Pavelka Magic Gloss.

3. Any kind of scrapbook paper that you want! The beauty of this is you can get as creative as you wish with the designs. An all time favorite is the love birds, I bought this at Paper Source.


Directions: 

1. Cut out the scrapbook paper so that it fits snug into your pendant/locket. 

2. Take the gloss and spread it on top very carefully. 

3. Use a toothpick to get any of the bubbles out. Place on a window seal or outside if it is not windy to dry, the sun helps seal and dry the glue. I will say that I had to do this a couple times, because I would get a bubble or dust would get into the glue while it was drying, so just be prepared for that! 

4. After your pendant is finished, hook it onto a necklace and VOLIA you are now wearing a BEAUTIFUL SCRAPBOOK PENDANT! This can also be done with pictures and really whatever you want as long as it's paper.

More to come to with jewelry making, including how to make your own earring backs and much more!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment