Pages

Background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lauren's Adventures in Embroidery!

Looks at these beauties!

In December, my fiance and I visited my wonderful future-in-laws in southern Missouri and we had a great time! We were showered with love and some awesome Christmas presents. These dishtowels were a Christmas present from my future grandma-in-law, and aren't they beautiful?!? I had to ask her, "how did you make these?" Turns out - embroidery!

The wonderful Grandma V took me on a trip down memory lane and showed me some of the awesome embroidery from past generations, take a look:

 and this one was my favorite! This apron featured a lady with a dress and matching undergarments! How risque! (especially because this apron is probably over 50 years old!)


Grandma V walked me through some basic stiches, which were not nearly as difficult as they looked. Here is a helpful tutorial I found on Pinterest from The Purl Bee blog (not as good as training from Grandma V, but it will do):


I decided to take a stab at embroidery when I got home from my holiday break. I cut out the N (which stands for my soon-to-be last name) using my Silhouette SD and traced it on the canvas bag. I did the basic stitch and had a pretty green N in no time. What about those purple dots? Ya, those did not turn out very well.... I still have a lot to learn!
Pin It

I am excited to learn more embroidery in months/years to come, but most of all I am excited about the wonderful memories I made learning this new hobby. I could not be more thankful to be joining such an amazing family, I am truly blessed!

 




That is all for now, more blogging to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment